A mild water shortage is occurring in the Laguna Madre Water District (LMWD), according to a press release from the utility company.
On Wednesday, Mar. 10, the LMWD initiated Stage 2 water conditions, meaning there is a mild water shortage. The shortage, according to the press release, is due to water levels in Amistad and Falcon Reservoirs dropping below 50% capacity.
The LMWD is asking customers to conserve water, issuing a set of water usage restrictions.
- Landscape irrigation and watering lawns will only be permitted from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. on designated water days.
- Laguna Vista and Laguna Heights can water on Monday and Thursday.
- South Padre Island can water on Tuesday and Friday.
- Port Isabel can water on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Water to wash any motor vehicles, trucks, trailers, boats, airplanes and other mobile equipment will be prohibited except on the landscape water days mentioned above.
- Water use for non-essential purposes is prohibited.
For more information, LMWD is asking customers to call Customer Service at (956) 943-2626, option 3.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.portisabelsouthpadre.com/2021/03/26/mild-water-shortage-occurring-in-lmwd/