Texas Border Business
RIO GRANDE VALLEY, Texas – UT Health RGV is now offering boosters of the Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccine to:
- Anyone aged 65+ (at least 6 months after second dose of Pfizer)
- People aged 12+ who are moderately to severely immunocompromised (at least 28 days – or 4 weeks – from second dose of either Pfizer or Moderna)
- People aged 18-64 with any underlying medical condition (at least 6 months after second dose of Pfizer)
- All people aged 18+ who feel at increased risk for severe COVID-19 because of frequent institutional or occupational exposure (at least 6 months after second dose of Pfizer)
If you meet any of the above criteria, you can get a booster at a location below.
Dates and Locations:
Tuesday, October 12
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, October 13
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- People aged 12-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- UT Health RGV is currently only administering doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
- All patients — even those who received their initial two doses at a UT Health RGV site — need to present their COVID-19 vaccine card before receiving a booster.
- People seeking their first or second dose of the FDA-approved Pfizer vaccine will also be accommodated.
- You might receive a call from 1-833-888-2268 (1-833-UTVACN8 ) upon scheduling your appointment. Please save this phone number in case we call.
Additional vaccine opportunities and locations will be announced soon.Schedule