Texas Border Business
Pharr, Texas – Summer time fun is here, so be a smart driver and plan ahead.
For the next two weeks, from June 24 to July 10, the Pharr Police Department will be extra vigilant to keep drunk drivers off our roads. If you are going to drink, don’t drive – save a life, and plan a sober ride home.
The Texas Department of Transportation estimates that in 2020, 963 people died in DUI alcohol-related crashes There were also more than 23,000 DUI alcohol-related crashes in Texas.
The decision to get behind the wheel while intoxicated can be costly – it can claim your life or that of others, and it can cost up to $17,000 IN FINES AND FEES.
Here are some of the estimated fees:
- A fine of up to $2000 & up to 180 days in jail
- Bail: up to $1,000
- Court costs: up to $500
- Attorney fees: average of up to $9,400
- Probation fees (12 months): up to $1,200
- Alcohol Education Course: $70 to $200
- Increased car insurance: $1,000
- Car impound and towing fee: $200
- Car storage fees (up to 5 days): $100
- Ignition interlock device (12 months): $1,400
- Restitution amounts: not included
A second and third DUI offense is even more expensive and could lead to serious jail time.
The Pharr Police Department wishes you a safe summer and urges you to plan ahead.