Texas Border Business
BROWNSVILLE, Texas– If you are an organization in Brownsville seeking sponsorship opportunities for an upcoming event in the City of Brownsville the Brownsville Convention and Visitors Bureau would like to hear from you.
The Brownsville Convention and Visitors Bureau Advisory Board has announced that for Fiscal Year 2024, $15,000 has been allocated for sponsorships.
This sponsorship application is available now online and will be open from October 2023 to July 2024 at the following link: https://visitbtx.com/business/
The primary purpose of this program is to assist applying organizations in the enhancement, promotion, and marketing of tourism and related events in Brownsville. Submissions must pass the “two-step” test toreceive funding from the BCVB Sponsorship Program.
The “two-step” test is defined as funds awarded are to be focused on contributing to a positive impact onthe Hotel Occupancy in Brownsville, Texas AND every expenditure must fall into one or more of the following nine categories:
- convention and visitor centers;
- convention registration;
- advertising the city;
- promotion of the arts;
- historical restoration and preservation;
- sporting events in a county under one million in population;
- enhancing or upgrading existing sports facilities or sports fields (only in certain cities);
- tourist transportation systems; and
- signage directing the public to sights and attractions that are visited frequently by hotel guests in the city.
Applications must be submitted within a minimum of 60 days before the event for consideration.
Sponsorships are awarded on a case-by-case basis. Completion of this application does not guarantee funding. Sponsorships are contingent upon the availability of funding.